Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a snack & gluten free play dough activity in one with these adorable Preschooler Snacktivity Cupcakes. This post was sponsored by DOLE® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Preschooler Snacktivity Cupcakes | 2-in-1 Play Dough & Snack Idea
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! I have to admit, I almost forgot that today was a holiday – I was so busy decompressing from our recent trip. How does this mom play it cool? We’re mixing it up with a fun 2-in-1 gluten free play dough and snack idea – all with supplies that I already have at home. Perfect for play dates, parties and holidays, these Preschooler Snactivity Cupcakes combine the best in preschool play and delicious snacking all in one compact and adorable package filled with love. Ready to hand out some fun to your kids this Valentine’s Day?
“A gift?! For me?! Thank you, Mommy!”
Have you ever made marshmallow play dough before? FUN! Not only is it super easy and quick to make, but also fun to play with! Within minutes we are stretching, smashing, mixing and mushing our play dough into lots of fun shapes and designs, all with LOVE in the air.
A Perfect Snack for Preschoolers
We could have kept playing for hours, but all of that hard play time works up a hunger! Good thing we had stocked up on new DOLE Mixations®! A perfect blend of applesauce and real pieces of fruit, it’s a great way to end a sweet day together – with a little bit of more sweetness. Non-GMO*, no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors and naturally gluten free, this is a snack that I can feel good about giving my kids. The best part? The flavors, of course! New DOLE Mixations comes in really fun flavors that your kids will love like:
- Apple-Strawberry Sauce with Dices of Apple
- Pineapple-Mango Sauce with Pineapple Pieces
- Peach-Apple Sauce with Pineapple Pieces
- Apple-Raspberry Sauce with Dices of Apple
The Apple Raspberry flavor is the perfect color for our Valentine’s Day Snacktivity Cupcakes – and quite delicious.
We love the creative lids too, with a perfect spot to write a special message on the labels.
Preschooler Snacktivity Idea – in a Cupcake!
It’s all in the presentation. At 4-years old, my girl really appreciates the details. Cupcakes, girly-ness and creative play – she is the epitome of a busy princess. So I knew right away she would appreciate a snack and play idea rolled into one cute cupcake for Valentine’s Day. Perfect for when you’re short on time and supplies, I was able to gather everything with items I already had on hand! Ready to make your own in under 2 minutes? Here’s how:
What You Will Need
- 6 Marshmallows
- 3 TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 TSP Coconut Oil
- 2-3 drops of food coloring (I went with red for Valentine’s Day)
- Cupcake Liners
- Fruit Cup of choice, like the new DOLE Mixations
- In a small microwaveable bowl, add marshmallows, cornstarch, and coconut oil. Microwave on high for about 20-30 seconds.
- Immediately remove from microwave and stir. (Be careful, the marshmallows may release some steam as you stir them together.) Should be a taffy-like consistency.
- Add food coloring and mix until color is evenly distributed. Goop should become more pliable as you knead it.
- Form into a ball. Coat with sprinkles as desired. Place ball on top of fruit cup. Wrap with clear cellophone or saran wrap as desired.
- Place fruit cup into cupcake liner. Should look like a fun cupcake now! Give to your kids for a fun 2-in-1 snack and activity. (Hence Valentine’s Day Snacktivity Cupcake. Get it?)
Smash it! Squish it! Squash it! And enjoy these Preschooler Snacktivity Cupcakes – a perfect last-minute Valentine’s Day snack and activity in one!
Snacktivity for Valentine’s Day, I think that we both can get used to that! Hope you’re celebrating this day of love with some play time fun and these Preschooler Snacktivity Cupcakes. Be sure to stock up on new DOLE Mixations too, a perfect snack idea for Valentine’s Day or any day! Grab your $1 DOLE Mixations coupon. And follow DOLE on Facebook and Twitter.
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day with your kids?
* No genetically modified (or engineered) ingredients