Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad Recipe
Could summer grilling be any more delicious right now? I love walking by house in my neighborhood, my nose instantly smelling the ones with the grills out for the evening. Speaking of delicious grilling, I was delighted to partner with LongHorn Steakhouse to create a perfect grill inspired recipe for the season. This easy Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad Recipe is ready to debut at your next BBQ. Can we smell the charcoal in the air yet? Grab your easy summer grilling recipe that’s paleo friendly, gluten free, dairy free, health conscious and vegan! But not skimping on your taste buds. I promise this dish is filled with amazing grilled flavor!
Following our noses to the delicious smells of grilling, I love taking the family to one of our favorite family restaurants, LongHorn Steakhouse. The menu is just filled with everything grilled and delicious. Have you tried the new Spicy Grilled Jalapeno Sirloin yet? New for the summer, this hot and spicy dish features a jalapeno butter sauce and is topped with your very own grilled jalapeno. Feeling inspired by this feisty new steak, I knew pairing it with a Southwestern inspired zesty side dish would make this meal absolutely stellar!
So firing up the grill, I channeled my father’s grilling skills and our latest shared love…grilled corn. Corn grilled right on the BBQ is just amazing. How can I ever go back to boiling? In search for that perfect char, I discovered deliciousness. Here’s the Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad Recipe:
- 4 Ears of Fresh Corn, shucked
- 1 Pint of Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 Avocados, peeled and sliced into edible chunks
- ⅓ Cup of Onion, diced
- ⅛-1/4 Cup of Fresh Lime Juice (I love lime, so I did the ¼ cup)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Set your Grill to Medium High Heat.
- Brush olive oil on all sides of your corn. Place directly onto hot grill.
- Turn corn every few minutes, until fully cooked and kernels browned/charred (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove corn from heat and allow to cool for about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix your tomatoes, onion and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Using knife, slice kernels from corn husks. Mix with your tomato, onion and lime juice mixture. Add your avocados and mix well (avoid overmixing and mushy avocados)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cold.
Can we talk about the amazing grilled corn kernels in this dish? You just want to pick them out and eat them! This dish is such a beautiful addition to your next BBQ, and definitely a crowd pleaser! With so much flavor and so many diets satisfied, I know that you’ll have a winner. Zesty lime juice, charred corn, fresh veggies….YUM! Pairs perfectly with steak too (hey, gotta keep the meat lovers happy at the BBQ too, right?).
A spicy new steak, a zesty new side dish and summer. Yes, life is delicious!
Looking for more?
Look for more delicious summer recipe ideas? Check out this popular and healthier Grilled Zucchini Nachos Recipe!
What’s your favorite grilled flavors of the summer?
Post sponsored by LongHorn Steakhouse. I received compensation in exchange for this posting, but as always, all delicious opinions are my own. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more easy family recipes, crafts and memories!