Trust me when I say, this is NOT your average pot roast recipe. You are only 6 ingredients away from The Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe ever. And you won’t believe what secret ingredients I have in store for this amazing roast today. Make this Easy Crock Pot Roast in just a few minutes of prep – with a whole meal that the family will enjoy.
Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest recipes. As a mom, blogger and cook for my family, it can easy to overthink a recipe – add more things just because you want it to be new, unique and delicious. But it’s surprising just how amazing a recipe can be when you scale back….or perhaps in this case get desperate.
So this recipe came to be because Sirloin Tip Roast happened to be on sale…and I forgot to buy the seasonings. (I was completely distracted at the store. A toddler will do that to you.) So I was digging in the depths of my pantry when I discovered a few seasoning packets. 3 to be exact. So taking a chance (hey, it worked for Columbus!), I rubbed all 3 packets of seasoning onto my roast, said a prayer, and turned on my slow cooker. A few hours later, the whole family was digging into my happy accident meal. Ready to make your family’s new favorite crockpot roast? Here’s the recipe:
- 3-4 lb. Beef Roast
- 1 oz. Envelope of Dry Ranch Dressing
- 0.87 oz. Envelope of Dry Brown Gravy Mix
- 1.35 oz. Envelope of Onion Soup Mix
- ¾ Cup Water
- Veggies of Choice - Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, etc. - cut into bite sized pieces
- Place cut up veggies into bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Rub into the beef roast.
- Place roast on top of the veggies in the center of the slow cooker.
- Add water to the outer rim of the slow cooker (avoid touching the roast)
- Heat slow cooker on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours, until meat is cooked through.
- Serve warm
You know that you have a winner when your 3 year old toddler is asking for seconds, and thirds and fourths! Yes, my little girl took us completely by surprise when she was gobbling up her pot roast meal in minutes – stealing from everyone’s plate! A true family winning recipe here! So you bet, we will be making this recipe again and again.
I love how the potatoes and veggies are flavored with the goodness, and placed right in with your meat. Complete family meal prepped in a few minutes? My busy spring schedule thanks me. You bet I will be pulling out this recipe during our baseball season – a great way to get the family gathered around the dinner table instead of take out.
Looking for more?