Heading to Walt Disney World for the holidays? Don’t forget to stop at Epcot with the 6 Best Epcot Holidays Around the World for Families Guide & Tips. This post is sponsored by Walt Disney World. All magical opinions are my own
7 Best of Epcot Holidays Around the World for Families
While Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tends to steal the holiday thunder, there’s still plenty of Disney holiday magic to be found at the other Walt Disney World parks. My family’s favorite? Epcot. If you’re looking to take your kids to Disney this holiday season, be sure to check out our 7 Best of Epcot Holidays Around the World for Families. This is your full guide, tips and more to make the most of your Holidays Around the World experience!
Grab your Holidays Around the World Passport
Start your holidays at Epcot by picking up your Holiday Passport at the front of the park. This is a great guide for your kids to hold during the day, highlighting the best of entertainment, food and more. But the best part? The stickers! As you walk through area of the park, there are coordinating stickers inside for your kids to “stamp” their passports with. Definitely a life-saver for long lines and long walks! TIP: Avoid the child meltdowns and get each child their own passport.
Holidays Around the World Storytellers
This is one of my favorite hidden gems of the holidays at Epcot. Throughout the day, you can find various storytellers throughout The World Showcase – telling traditional holiday stories, performing various dances, songs and more as celebrated around the world. Multiple times are posted by the front of each country, but I will say that it is difficult to catch them all in one day. TIP: I encourage you to stop at a few throughout your day as you’re passing through the showcase – the kids really enjoy the music, the traditional garb and the unique stories from each region. Here’s the current list of Holiday storytellers:
- Mexico: Mariachis and Dancers
- Norway: Sigrid and Julenissen – A storyteller is surprised by a mischievous Christmas gnome
- China: Chinese Lion Dancers – Colorful dance of holidays
- Germany: Helga – Listen as Helga tells the story of the first Christmas tree and the tale of her first Nutcracker
- Italy: La Befana – Meet the kind-hearted witch who arrives on the Eve of the Epiphany to grant gifts to good children
- The American Adventure: Hanukkah – Discoer the traditions of Hanukkah, the story of the Maccabees and the miracle of the burning oil lamp. Kwanzaa – Experience the spirit of Kwanzaa, a celebration of unity, creativity and pride. Voices of Liberty – Appearing as Dickens Carolers to sing a seasonal repertoire of holiday favorites
- Japan: Daruma Vendor – Hear the fascinating sdtory of the Daruma doll and the Japanese customs of the New Year.
- Morocco: Morroccan Holiday Storyteller – Come take a journey through seasons of the holidays in Morocco, where celebrations are “the spice of life.”
- France: Pere Noel – Discover the magic of Pere Noel and the joy of the season through a Christmas letter from a child.
- United Kingdom: Father Christmas – Join Father Christmas as he rings in the season with traditions of the United Kingdom and good cheer.
- Canada: Canadian Holiday Voyageurs – Explore holiday customs from the various regions of Canada on a musical tour of the Great White North.
Acapella Holiday Tunes from American Music Machine
More beatbox! If your kids love holiday tunes, be sure to catch the popular acapella group, American Music Machine at the Fountain View Plaza stage. Always a crowd pleaser, there’s plenty of dancing room too! TIP: This is the perfect time to let the kids stretch their legs and have a dance party in between long walks.
JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration: Future World Fountain Stage
The Future World Fountain is always a highlight for my son. No surprise that Epcot makes this entertaining water feature more festive during the holidays. Lights, music and various dancing water make this show a must-see for families this holiday season. TIP: Best views are during the evening times, when more families are in the World Showcase area and the colors and lights are more impressive.
Meet Santa & Mrs. Claus
Santa and Disney, a perfect match during the holidays. Tucked in the back of The American Adventure is the opportunity for your children to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus. A great photo opportunity (and magic moment for the kids), Epcot goes all out for this special holiday experience. TIP: Go early (right as the World Showcase opens) to avoid long lines.
Exclusive Food & Beverages
Exclusive Epcot holiday food and drink? Yes, sign me up for that! Various food and drink booths can be found throughout the Epcot World Showcase. Here are some of the popular family-friendly choices:
- Fountain View Plaza – Micky Santa Hat Cupcake
- Feast of the Three Kings at Showcase Plaza – Three Kings Bread
- Holiday Eats & Treats at Showcase Plaza – Peppermint Sundae
- Mexico – Chicken Enchilada
- Norway – Traditional Rice Cream
- China – Beijing-style fried dough twist with sesame
- Germany – Stollen Holiday Fruit Cake
- Italy – Panettone Italian Christmas Cake
- American Holiday Table – Slow-Roasted Turkey with Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Cranberry Sauce, Assorted Holiday Cookies
- Japan – Strawberry Shortcake
- Morocco – Chocolate Honey Baklava
- Alpine Haus (between Morocco and France) – Cheese Fondue in a Bread Bowl with Fresh Steamed Baby Vegetables and Marbled Potatoes
- France – Gingerbread Ice Cream with Gingerbread Pieces
Hands down, this is my family’s favorite holiday tradition at Walt Disney World. The Epcot Candlelight Processional combines the beautiful Christmas story of Jesus’ birth as told by celebrity narrators, a professional orchestra concert, and the sounds of mass choir into the most anticipated Christmas show of the year. Located at The American Gardens Theatre, crowds line up hours in advance – there’s not an empty seat in the house.
- Shows are at 5:00pm, 6:45pm, and 8:15pm nightly.
- Celebrity Narrators for 2016 include: Steven Curtis Chapman, Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg, Anthony Mackie, Meredith Vieira, Jim Caviezel, and more.
TIP: Check out the Epcot Candlelight Processional Tips to prepare your family for this amazing experience, including how to secure guaranteed best seating!
Heading to Walt Disney World this holiday season? Be sure to make a stop at Epcot to take advantage of the best of the holidays with your kids! Looking for more info? Check out the Holidays Around the World website for details and more to plan your family’s visit. And be sure to follow all of the Disney holiday fun with hashtag #DisneyHolidays.